It’s time to vote! We are just two and a half weeks away from the 2016 Presidential Election. Campaign Rallies have been had. Debates have been televised. And it is now up to the American people to make one of the most important decisions we have to make collectively, who will be the next leader of the free world. But as Christians, we can’t just make that decision based on how we feel or how much we dislike the other candidate. According to John 17:14, We are not of this world, however we do dwell here for now, and one of our missions as Christians on this earth, is to make certain we represent Christ in all that we do. Here are four things to consider as we prepare to cast our votes on November 8th.
- Beware of biased media sources.
- Make certain that you are getting your information from news sources that aren’t going to conform their stories to one candidate. Know who you are getting your information from and who they are funded by. A lot of the news we see, hear and read is determined by who funds the source. There are some independently funded media sources out there to include NPR and The Real News Network. I would encourage you to research others for none biased information.
- Fact Check
- As we are preparing for the 8th of November, please make certain that the information you are sharing is true. There are a number of premade social media post that are being shared as factual, when in reality the information presented is false. The last thing we need in this election is more confusion, especially if it could have been avoided.
- Think Independently.
- Don’t feel pressured to vote for a candidate just because they are representing your party. In Romans 12:2, the Bible encourages us not to be conformed to this world. It is important to know what God’s will for our country is, not your political party’s.
- Seek The Lord for wisdom.
- James 1:5 says, If any of you lacks wisdom [to guide him through a decision or circumstance], he is to ask of [our benevolent] God, who gives to everyone generously and without rebuke or blame, and it will be given to him. One thing’s for sure, we definitely need guidance during this election. And I am confident that God’s plan will prevail. It always has and it always will!
Be encouraged Breakfast BFFs and may God Bless America!