Setting goals is so important. I have always known the importance of having goals, but it was not until recently that I actually recognized the benefit of actually writing them down in order to achieve true success. I mean, I’ve just never been a “goal writer- downer” type chick. Don’t you judge me; everyone can’t be as great as you!
But about a year or two ago, I had a change of heart and decided that I DID want to be great like you, so I actually started a life goal list. This was inspired by the book, The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears, by Mark Batterson. In the book, Mark had a chapter where he talked about his life goals and those of people he is connected to and how consistently “praying circles” around those goals affected how they were accomplished.
For those of you, that may be like me and have no clue what a life goal list is, allow me to help you. A life goal list is a list of goals that you want to accomplish in your life. I know, genius right! These goals vary in rage from career goals to personal goal. From specific to vage. I was intreged because I do want to acccoplish some DOPE stuff in my life, so I decided to explore this life goal list and become a “goal writer- downer”.
Honestly, judging from the evaluation of my list, writing my goals down is one of the smartest things I could have ever done to be effective in actually accomplishing them. Some of these self- help experts really be knowing what they be talking about! (Horrible English, I know)
Below are the benefits I found to writing my goals down:
- It forced me to evaluate what was really important in my life.
- I am consistenly reminded of what I desire to accomplish, when I post them in a place I frequant. (I revisit my list on the 15th of every month)
- If it did make the list, after evaluation of importance, I am then held accountable by myself and those that I have communicated it to. (I hate when I don’t do something I say I’m going to do. But if I keep all my goals in my mind, majority of the time, I’m not going to say anything about it and if I don’t say it, does it HAVE to be accomplished?)
Below is my Life Goal list so far. As expected, as life goes on, thing get checked off and new things get added.
- Get Married
- Adopt a child(ren)
- Birth a child (ren)
- Leave an inheritance for my children
- JiHe Mobile Boutique (Dec 2015)
- Have multiple mobile boutiques across the country
- Have a team/ employees
JiHe MinistriesBreakfast With Tiffani
- Visit Every Continent
- Visit Every State in the USA
- Specific travel locations
- The Equator
Panama Canal Grand Canyon Dubai
- New Zealand
Purchase a house
- Own multiple properties
- Create multiple streams of income
- Have a successful vlog/ podcast (10K+ subscribers)
Start Breakfast With Tiffani
- Dear Dairy??? Dear Daddy???
Give $10K (Dec 2016)
- Give $1,000,000 in a single year
- Eliminate Student Loan debt (age 40)
- Complete Army 10 Miler under 1.75 (Oct 2017)
- Run a full marathon
- See Jordan, Jayda and
MaKaylagraduate high school.
- Participate in a mission trip
- Introduce someone to Christ outside of the church
- Scuba Dive
- Learn to surf
- Learn to snowboard & ski
- White Water Raft
- Cliff Dive
- Drive a race car
- Take a hot air balloon ride
- Hike the Grand Canyon
See an active volcano
- Spend the night on a beach
- Take a month long vacation
- Fly a plane
- Cross country RV Trip
- Get my PMP Certification
What about you, comment below. What are some things you want to accomplish in your life? Do we have any similar goals?